- Lightwave/photonics systems and devices
- Microwave remote sensing
- Radar system design and analysis
- Lightwave/Photonics Systems and Devices
- Radar Systems Design and Analysis
- Electronic Circuits
- Senior Design Laboratory
- High-Speed Digital Circuit Design
- Microwave Remote Sensing
- Intro to Radar
- Kansas Applied Research Lab (KARL)
- Institute for Information Sciences (I2S)
- Center for Remote Sensing of Ice Sheets (CReSIS)
Selected Publications —
link to Google Scholar
Al Aziz M; Allen CT; "Experimental Results of a Differential Angle-of-Arrival Based 2D Localization Method Using Signals of Opportunity," International Journal of Navigation and Observation, v. 2018, Article ID 5470895, 6 pages, 2018. doi:10.1155/2018/5470895.
Kunwar S; Abbasi R; Allen C; Belz J; Besson D; Byrne M; Farhang-Boroujeny B; Gillman WH; Hanlon W; Hanson J; Myers I; Novikov A; Prohira S; Ratzlaff K; Rezazadeh A; Sanivarapu V; Schurig D; Shustov A; Smirnova M; Takai H; Thomson GB; Young R; “Design, Construction and Operation of a Low-Power, Autonomous Radio-Frequency Data-Acquisition Station for the TARA Experiment,” Nucl. Instr. Meth. Phys. Res., pp. 110-120, 2015.
Allen CT; Keshmiri SS; Al Aziz M; “Techniques for navigating UAVs using ground-based transmitters,” US Patent 9,945,931, issued April 17, 2018.
Allen CT; Shuey TD; Hui R; “Low-altitude altimeter and method,” U.S. Patent 8,583,296 issued November 12, 2013
* U.S. Patent 9,008,869 issued April 14, 2015.
Refereed Conference Proceedings
Harnett L; Hemmingsen D; McCormick P; Blunt SD; Allen C; Martone A; Sherbondy K; Wikner D; “Optimal and adaptive mismatch filtering for stretch processing,” 2018 IEEE Radar Conference (RadarCon), Oklahoma City, OK, pp. 682-686, 23 April 2018.
Owen J; Ravenscroft B; Kirk B; Blunt SD; Allen C; Martone A; Sherbondy K; Narayamam R; “Experimental demonstration of cognitive spectrum sensing & notching radar,” 2018 IEEE Radar Conference (RadarCon), Oklahoma City, OK, pp. 957-962, 23 April 2018.
Owen J; Blunt SD; Gallagher K; McCormick P; Allen C; Sherbondy K; “Nonlinear radar via intermodulation of FM noise waveform pairs,” 2018 IEEE Radar Conference (RadarCon), Oklahoma City, OK, pp. 951-956, 23 April 2018.
Zook G; McCormick PM; Blunt SD; Allen C; Jakabosky J; “Dual-polarized FM noise radar,” Hemmingsen DM; McCormick PM; Blunt SD; Allen C; Martone A; Sherbondy K; Wikner D; Waveform-diverse stretch processing,” 2018 IEEE Radar Conference (RadarCon), Oklahoma City, OK, pp. XX-YY, 23 April 2018.
Awards & Honors —
- Phi Kappa Phi
- Eta Kappa Nu
- Tau Beta Pi
- Eta Kappa Nu Harry Talley Excellence in Teaching Award, 1998
- Center for Teaching Excellence recognition for classroom excellence, 1998
- Miller Award for Research, 1999
- Ned N. Fleming Trust Award for Excellence in Teaching, 2001
- Miller Scholar for teaching, research, and service, 2001
- W.T. Kemper Fellowship for Teaching Excellence, 2001
- John E. Sharp and Winifred E. Sharp Teaching Professorship, School of Engineering, 2002
- Bellows Scholar, 2005
- Center for Teaching Excellence for graduate teaching, 2007
- Miller Scholar, University of Kansas, 2010
Reviewer for various journals (recent examples include)
- IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing
- IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement
- IEEE Communications Letters
- IEEE Photonics Technology Letters
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)