- Professor Emeritus
- Digital signal applications for Communications and Radar
- Digital communications
- Military radio systems
- Low probability of intercept communications
- Time-frequency signal analysis
- Software Radio Systems
- Spread Spectrum and Military Communication Systems
- Radio and Radar Signal Processing
- DSP Applications in Acoustics and Radio Signals
- Wireless Communication Systems
- Digital Signal Processing
- Digital Communications
- Electronic Design
- Modulation and Coding
- Linear system
Selected Publications —
- "Alternative Communication Networking in Polar Regions," Mohammad, A., N. Chalishazar, V. Frost and G. Prescott, International Symposium on Advanced Radio Technologies, March 2-4, Boulder, CO, 2004.
- "Multi-channel Iridium Communication System for Polar Field Experiments," Mohammad, A., V. Frost, G. Prescott and D. Braaten, IGARSS 2004, Anchorage, Alaska, September 2004.
- "Collection of Empirical Data for Assessing 800 MHz Coverage Models," E. Meyer, G. Prescott, Final Report for KDOT Project RE-0321-01, KTRAN Project KU-03-7. 19 March 2004.
- G. Prescott, S. Gogineni, C. Allen, V. Frost, C. Tsatsoulis, A. Agah, "Polar Radar for Ice Sheet Measurements," Proceedings of the 2003 International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium (IGARSS 2003), Paper #03.1739, Toulous, France, 21 â 25 July.
- A. J. Mohammad, G. Prescott, D. Braaten, "A High-Speed, Long Range Mobile Communications Link for Use in Polar Regions" 2003 American Geophysical Union (AGU), San Francisco, 2003.
- F. Lansing, L. Lemmermann, A. Walton, G. Bothwell, K. Basin, G. Prescott, "Needs for Communications and Onboard Processing in the Vision Era," International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium (IGARSS 2002), Toronto, Canada, 8 â 12 July 2002
- G. Prescott, S. Smith, K, Moe, "Information System Technology Requirements for Future Earth Science Satellite Missions", International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium (IGARSS 2001), Sydney, Australia, 9 â 13 July 2001
- G. Prescott, and R. Mills, "Detectability Models for Multiple Access Low Probability of Intercept Networks," IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol. AES-June 2000.
- D. Chatterjee, S. Chakrabarti, K. Shanmugan, G. Prescott, "Performance Simulation Studies for a Class of Smart, Conformal Array Antenna Architectures," IEEE International Conference on Phased Array Systems and Technology, Dana Point, CA, 21 â 25 May 2000.
Awards & Honors —
- University of Kansas Sharp Teaching Professorship (1999 - 2001)
- NASA Sabbatical Fellowship to Goddard Spaceflight Center, Washington DC. 1999
- Air Force Office of Scientific Research Summer Fellowship, USAF Rome Laboratory, Griffiss AFB, NY. 1991 and 1996
- Eta Kappa Nu, Delta Xi Chapter, Outstanding Instructor of the Year, 1987
Associate Director for Technology (Information Systems), NASA Earth Science Enterprise, 1999-2000
- IEEE (senior member)
- American Society for Engineering Education
- Armed Forces Comunications Electronics Association
- American Radio Relay League
- Air Force Association
- Air Force Sargents Association