Primary Research Interests
- Knowledge Discovery
- Data Mining
- Machine Learning
- Expert Systems
- Reasoning Under Uncertainty
- Doctor habilitatus in Engineering, Technical University of Warsaw, Poland, 1972
- Ph.D. in Engineering, Technical University of Poznan, Poland, 1969
- M.S. in Mathematics, University of Wroclaw, Poland, 1967
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Technical University of Poznan, Poland, 1964
- Data mining,
- Expert systems,
- Computer architecture,
- Computer organization,
- Automata theory,
- Concurrency models,
- Petri nets,
- Discrete structures
- Data mining
- Knowledge discovery
- Machine learning
- Expert systems
- Reasoning under uncertainty
- Rough set theory
- Jerzy W. Grzymala-Busse. Rule induction. In Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery Handbook 2005, ed. by Oded Maimon and Lior Rokach, Springer-Verlag, 2005, 277–294.
- Jerzy W. Grzymala-Busse and Wojciech Ziarko. Rough sets and data mining. In Encyclopedia of Data Warehousing and Mining, ed. by J. Wang, Information-Science Publishing, 2006, 973–977.
- Jerzy W. Grzymala-Busse. Rough set strategies to data with missing attribute values. In Foundations and Novel Approaches in Data Mining, ed. by T. Y. Lin, S. Ohsuga, C.-J. Liau and X. Hu. Studies in Computational Intelligence, vol. 9, Springer-Verlag, 2006, 197–212.
- Jerzy W. Grzymala-Busse. Characteristic relations for incomplete data: A generalization of the indiscernibility relation. Transactions on Rough Sets, Lecture Notes in Computer Science Journal Subline, Springer-Verlag, vol. 4 (2005), 58–68.
- Jerzy W. Grzymala-Busse, Jerzy Stefanowski, Szymon Wilk. A comparison of two approaches to data mining from imbalanced data. Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing 16 (2005), 565–573.
- Jerzy W. Grzymala-Busse. Incomplete data and generalization of indiscernibility relation, definability, and approximations. Proceedings of the RSFDGrC'2005, the Tenth International Conference on Rough Sets, Fuzzy Sets, data Mining, and Granular Computing, Springer-Verlag, Regina, Canada, September 1–3, 2005, 244-253.
Selected Awards & Honors
- Kemper Award for excellence in teaching, University of Kansas, 2004.
- Miller Scholar for 2002
- International Rough Set Society
- American Association for Artificial Intelligence (AAAI)
- National Research Council